Friday 2 March 2012

Springing forward

Well I'm hopefully getting back on track now.
After having a couple of weeks of doing very little crafting ( well I did have other things to occupy myself with!) I'm getting back on track and feel like I'm springing into spring, so to speak!
With the brighter weather and the fact that the days are getting longer it's certainly a big boost. It also reminds me of the gardening jobs I want to do. I haven't yet sown the sweet peas. Not to worry it will be done this weekend.
On the knitting front I have completed these...
....as you can see, these ones are for chocolate lovers....
......at least they're all calorie free!
I've also added these flowers to my Folksy shop today...
....I love the colours...
...I'm so pleased with them..
...I'm sure there will be more!
I've been reorganising my little room, again. It's not quite finished yet, I have streamlined a few things. It's almost done, I shall put pictures up when totally complete.
I've been taking loads of photos this last couple of weeks, so I will be spending some time working on scrapbook pages..
.......I shall be using my Serif software...
....for some of the pages....
.....some will be hybrid pages....
...whatever I come up with, I'm sure I'll be happy with them.

I have been a collector of buttons and beads for most of my life....
....It begun when I was very young, and used to play with my mothers' collection on the kitchen table. I must have at least 12,000 buttons alone in various shapes and sizes...
......some belonged to my grandmother and were passed to me, some were my mothers, she kept hers in one of these tins...
...well I found more boxes of buttons in the loft and have begun sorting them (occasionally), I really can't keep them all. Now the grandchildren are growing we need the space for when they come to stay. So I shall be puting some in my Folksy shop shortly. That will be a task in itself!

Once we've had some butternut squash and roasted red pepper soup for lunch,( I made it this morning) I have some housework to do. It's so nice today I hope I get the chance to do a couple of things outside before it begins to get dark. Then later I shall be catching up with my knitting project, something from my "design" book that's been on the backburner for a while.
let's hope the good weather holds out for the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment